Friday, April 22, 2016

Again? Yes, again!

My little family...
I have been blogging, on and off, since 2007.  I have blogged through two deployments, break-ups, and my engagement and wedding.  I honed my baking skills through blogging and have met some amazing people, through blogging.  I loved my old blog but I can't make it what I want it to be anymore. 
Koda is a paci bandit.
My life is different now.  A lot different.  After A and I got married, we almost immediately added to our family with our furry baby, Koda.  Koda is a Labrador retriever and German shorthair pointer mix.  He is easily the goofiest dog I have ever met and he loves me with a fierce intensity.  He is loving, thinks the world revolves around him, has never met a stranger, and is incredibly naughty.  But we love him and he is such a fun addition to our little family.
He is a super unhappy baby, obviously.
A few months after we got Koda, I found out I was pregnant.  We had planned on trying to get pregnant soon after getting married, but I honestly didn't expect it to happen so quickly.  A little over a month after our first wedding anniversary, we welcomed a little boy into this crazy life.  P is a happy, easy going, adorable little guy.  We are screaming up to 9 months old and all he wants to do is stand up.  I fear we will have a walker on our hands sooner than I thought!


I find myself these days sort of lost.  With so much change in the last two years (we also moved), it's been hard to find that new normal we are living in and make it work for me.  I struggled with Post Partum Depression after P was born and am still dealing with it.  I'm struggling on finding a balance of taking care of my entire family and still taking care of myself.  It's a constant struggle.  A struggle I wouldn't change for the world, but a struggle nonetheless. 


Through all of it, I find myself coming back to blogging.  I read something online and think, "I wish I could blog about that," or something happens that I want to document or share and I don't.  The old blog isn't appropriate for where my life is anymore.  It was a baking blog that morphed into a lifestyle blog, sort of.  At this season in my life, I think just a "life" blog is more my style.  A place where I can share whatever I want...baby pics, funny stories, deep thoughts, recipes, projects, etc.


I find myself wishing for days to be over since they are exhausting and all I want to do is sleep.  But I need to remember, the sweetness is in the moments.  I don't want to ever forget that.  P won't be the little and snuggly forever.  Koda won't always have this insane amount of energy.  I want to appreciate all my life has offered me.


I hope you enjoy the randomness that I hope to show here.  It won't always be pretty, but that is life and the sweetness in the moments of life are what it's all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment